The lands and waters of Chautauqua County are a rich, beautiful resource that the Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy works to preserve in perpetuity. To date, we’ve preserved more than 1,000 acres of land to protect our waterways, ecosystems and animal habitats, and to maintain natural spaces for public recreation and enjoyment. Every day, we work to preserve more. Your legacy gift can help the Chautauqua Watershed preserve the lands and waters that you cherish for future generations.
If you are looking to leave a lasting legacy in the Chautauqua region, the CWC invites you to consider a legacy gift that will:
• Enhance the quality of life in our region by advancing conservation of key watershed lands and
• Provide funds in perpetuity to steward our conserved lands for future generations.
Your legacy gift will be invested as part of the Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy’s legacy endowment to generate revenue annually to support the maintenance of healthy landscapes, the promotion of best-practice forest management, and the creation and maintenance of trails, buffers and other features that promote the ecological health of CWC’s lands and the Chautauqua region.
You can make a legacy gift to the Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy by:
• Donating stocks, bonds or mutual funds,
• Designating a portion of your estate to the CWC through a will or trust,
• Make a charitable gift annuity through a simple one-page document,
• Designating CWC as a beneficiary to your life insurance policy,
• Designating CWC as a beneficiary to your retirement account, or
• Gifting CWC the charitable remainder of a charitable lead trust, which allows you to make a significant gift during your lifetime while reserving rights for family protection and benefits.
Legacy gifts should be carefully considered and should be done with the help of your financial advisor or estate attorney.
If you are ready to leave a legacy in the Chautauqua region, your legacy gift can be sent to:
For more information about a legacy gift, or to notify the Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy that you have named us as a benefactor to your estate, please contact the CWC at 716-664-2166.